With Valentine's Day just around the corner I wanted to share this heart pouch I knitted that is very easy to make and perfect to give as gifts on Valentines' Day.
How to make your own:
Materials needed (what I used):
- I used 6mm US 10 needles
- Craft Smart Yarn. red color (tip: you can make the hearts bigger by using larger yarn and needles)
- darning needle
- white felt
- sewing needle
- black and white thread,
- To give as a gift: small chocolates, candies, and/or small gifts to put inside
- Optional: small bags to put the chocolates, Candies, and or small gifts inside
Steps to make the pouch:
1. First I knitted two hearts separately following the pattern for heart coasters at MollieMakes.
2. Then I sewed them together by weaving yarn on both sides all the way from the bottom of the heart to the middle of the heart humps so candy and chocolate wouldn't fall out.
3. Then I added the "BE MINE" label by using white felt and using black thread to sew the letters. First I drew dots where I would connect the letters with the thread so it was easier when I was sewing to have a plan.
4. When I was done sewing on the letters to the white felt, I used white thread to sew on the label to the knitted heart. I realized this would be easier to do before sewing the two hearts together.
If you would like to get some more ideas for Valentine's gifts that you can knit, you can visit two of my older posts: Valentine's Day Ideas and Five Knitting Ideas for Valentine's Day.
Thank you for visiting my blog!