How is everyone doing? I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! This Christmas was so busy! I managed to finish my boyfriend Liam’s scarf but I did not finish my mom’s socks but we agreed that they would be for her birthday in February instead. I cannot believe how close to the New Year it is! It is almost 2015!
I wanted to review my resolutions for this year’s knitting and then set some new resolutions for this year. I think making resolutions helped me to keep focused on what I wanted to accomplish.
2014 Resolutions update:
2. Knit socks: This year I did knit my first pair of socks! I wear them around the house and they are pretty cozy just a bit big but I make do. You can see my post about knitting the socks by clicking on this link >>>First pair of socks!
3. Knit another pair of mittens: I did not get around to knitting another pair of mittens this year sadly. I saw a cute pattern at the end of last year that I thought I might want to try.
4. Try following a pattern: I knitted a basketweave baby blanket for my little cousin this year following the "Basketweave baby blanket" pattern. You can see the post and the finished blanket by clicking on this link >>>> Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
5. Try fair isle: I did try my hand at switching colors and then knitting a giant heart with a gray background and watching fair isle knitting videos but I never completed a project using fair isle.
6. Knit different stitches: I knitted the Bamboo Stitch, and the Star Stitch this year! click on the links to visit my entries about the stitches.
2015 Resolutions !
1. knit a sweater
2. learn more stitches: I love learning new stitches it is a lot of fun and challenges me to try new ways of knitting projects.
3. knit family and friends Christmas gifts this year: I really want to knit my family and friends Christmas gifts in 2015 so I better start now :P
4. knit mittens again
What are your New Years Resolutions in your craft this year?
Take care! thank you for visiting! :)