Hello friends,I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I can't believe it's over already! I just finished knitting a ribbed stitch hat over the weekend and looking forward to wearing it when it gets colder. I have also started knitting some socks as a gift for my mom for Christmas which I will post about later this week! below are some photos of the hat I wanted to share with you.
|A photo of myself wearing the hat|
Pattern: the pattern is very simple
- Cast on 70 stitches on magic loop needles( or more depending on the size of your head, needles, and yarn), divide stitches between the two needles
- knit two stitches, then purl two stitches all the way around to create the ribbed stitch
- Once you knit up to the crown of your head, begin to decrease
- Decide how many decreases you would like to make on the decreasing rows (example: I knit 7 then knit together two, then repeated all around, then knit/purl a row, then the next row I knit 6 then knit together ...etc...)
- Keep to the knitting and purling of the ribbed stitch pattern. On my first attempt I knit to decrease the top and it looked odd with garter stitch instead of ribbed stitch!
- Once you end up with 6 or 7 stitches, pull the yarn through with a darning needles and then tie a knot and weave in the strand under the top of the hat.
Then you are finished! hope the pattern wasn't too confusing I made it up from making hats for quite some time and following other's patterns.
Please follow me!